The University Grants Commission (UGC) has promoted and strengthened Women’s Studies in the country since the VII Plan period. In the X Plan, UGC funded 51 University Centres and 16 college Centres. The Women’s Studies Centre at St. Edmunds College is the first and only college level centre in Meghalaya where it was launched on March 8, 2010 commemorating the Women’s Day.
• UGC National Workshop for Directors Of Women’s Studies Centres Organised by Centre for Women ‘S Studies,
University of Hyderabad, August 28 & 29, 2011
• Role Plays On “Violence Against Women” By Students Of Social Work St.Edmund’s College & Women’s College,
Shillong, 15th 16th December,2011
• A Talk on the Concept of Women’s Studies Centre With Reference To St.Edmund’s College, Shillong.
Resource: Mr. Nikil (North Eastern Hill University), 12-04-2011 & 23-05-2011
• The workshop on Gender perspective in women’s studies was held on 22nd May 2012 at
St. Edmund’s college Shillong.
• Awareness programme on Substance Abuse Among Female College Students of Shillong, 2013
• Awareness programme on ‘Gender Sensitization’, October 25, 2014 St. Edmund’s College
• Survey on” Cyber Crime Awareness “International Day For The Elimination Of Crime Against Women,
November 25, 2014 : Theme: - Unite To End Violence Against Women
• Talk programme on ‘Women And The Role Of Police’, October 25, 2014
• Commemorate the World Disability, December 3, 2014
• Awareness On Teenage Pregnancy, Sohriewblei Village, Ri-bhoi District, Meghalaya, June 2, 2015